The Cannondale Beast of the East 2 is an all new mountain bike, featuring 27+ wheels and fun trail geometry, making it more confident and capable over challenging terrain than a traditional hardtail MTB.
27 plus wheels
The name might be an old classic but this new Beast of the East is designed from the ground up specifically for the new 27.5+ wheel size – wide rims and high volume tyres providing more grip and better cushioning. The larger diameter tyres (similar to a 29er) combined with the ability to to run lower tyre pressures means that you can take on much more challenging terrain than you would on a conventional hardtail.
AI and Save Stays
Lightweight with smartformed alloy tubes the frame features an Asymmetric Integration (AI) drivetrain which allows for a sensible Q-factor and short chainstays. This means that you’ll have an optimal stance and the bike remains nimble in technical terrain.
Compliance is built into the rear end thanks to Save Stays. The seat and chainstays are shaped to allow some vertical flex without affecting pedaling efficiency. This is the same frame as found on the Beast of the East 1.
120mm Rock Shox Reba
Featuring more suspension travel than you would usually find on a hardtail the Rock Shox Reba RL Boost fork offer plush, composed performance so that you can take on more aggressive terrain.
Featuring a wide gear range (one extra low gear than the Beast 3) with slick reliable shifting and excellent chain retention the SRAM GX drivetrain is combined with a Cannondale Si chainset.
The Cannondale Beast of the East 2 is a plus sized hardtail that will inspire confidence in new and experienced riders alike.
Key Features :
- A maximum traction, maximum fun, trail hardtail
- Great for shredders and newbies alike.
- The rebirth of a legend.
- 27. 5 + Tyres – This new standard changes the way hardtails perform over rough terrain. 27.5+ offers the rolling diameter of a 29er for an incredible angle of approach. The added width gives you an incredible contact patch that lets you grip the corners like never before, float over nasty rocks and roots and hit the roughest lines with confidence.
- Designed For 27+ – Unlike many “27+” bikes out there which are really just repurposed 29’ers running 2.8 tyres, the Beast of the East is designed specifically for 27+. Room for full 3.0 tyres, Ai drivetrain, short chainstays and dialled geometry means better performance and more fun.
- AI (Asymmetric Integration) Drivetrain – Our Ai technology allows us to fit those big 3.0 tyres and still keep our chainstays short and nimble. By asymmetrically offsetting the rear triangle and moving the drivetrain 6mm to the right, we gain clearance for the tyres without wrecking the q-factor. As a bonus, the rear wheels ends up being stiffer and stronger thanks to even spoke angles.
- Smartformed Alloy Frame – Cannondale’s storied Aluminium histor y continues with the Beast of the East. The SmartFormed alloy frame has been tweaked to be light and responsive, features Save stays for added comfort and adds tech with the new flat mount brake for reduced weight with increased heel clearance.
- 120MM Forks – A bike this capable deserves a bit more travel than you’d expect on a hardtail.
- Fun Trail Set-Up – A 68.5 degree head angle, short chainstays and a 120mm fork combine to allow the Beast of the East ridden hard over the nastiest terrain. The slack trail geo pairs nicely with wide 760mm bars and a 60mm stem for total control and fun confidence.
- Internal Dropper Routing – Clean, internal routing through the seat tube for dropper posts
The Cannondale Beast of the East 2 2016 Features are:
Frame: Beast of the East 27+, 120mm, SmartFormed Alloy, Ai offset, BB30, Flat Mount Brake, 1.5 Si headtube
Fork: RockShox Reba RL Boost, Tapered Steerer, 120mm, 15mm Through Axle, Poploc Handlebar mounted remote
Headset: Tange 1.5 for Tapered Steer tubes
Bars: Cannondale C3 riser, Alloy, 4 degree upsweep, 9 degree backsweep, 760x15mmCannondale Locking Grips
Stem: Cannondale C4, 6061 Alloy, 1-1/8″, 31.8, 5 deg.
Shifters: SRAM GX, 11-speed
Front Mech: N/A
Rear Mech: SRAM GX, 11-speed
Chainset: Cannondale Si, Ai, BB30, SpideRing 30t
Bottom Bracket: Cannondale Alloy BB30
Cassette: SRAM XG-1150, 10-42, 11-speed
Chain: SRAM PCX1, 11-speed
Front Brake: Shimano Deore, Resin pads, 180mm
Rear Brake: Shimano Deore, Resin pads, 180mm
Rims: Cannondale Beast, 27.5x50mm, tubeless ready
Front Hub: Formula 110×15
Rear Hub: Formula with XD driver, 142x12mm (Ai offset lacing)
Tyres: WTB Bridger, 27.5×3.0, tubeless ready Front WTB Bridger, 27.5×3.0, tubeless ready Rear
Seatpost: Cannondale C3, 6061 alloy, 31.6x350mm (S,M) 400mm (L,X)
Pedals: Not Included