A couple of tweaks here and there, along with some beefed-up components, and the Cannondale Scalpel SE 29er” full suspension mountain bike is transformed from the ultimate XC machine into a super-fast trail slayer.
Constructed from Cannondale’s BallisTec carbon fibre, the Scalpel MTB is built on an incredibly lightweight yet sturdy foundation. Cannondale’s ‘Zero Pivot’ seatstays eliminate the pivot bearing that would normally split the stays. Instead, they have engineered the carbon fibre to allow a small amount of vertical flex to achieve the same result. The beauty of this is that, not only does it help lighten the frame, there’s no loss of lateral rigidity as you’d find with a bearing, and the carbon fibre itself doesn’t wear out over time and suffer play & looseness as a bearing would.
The Cannondale Scalpel SE 2 MTB is available in both 27.5” and 29er wheels, depending on the frame size. The 29er version here is available with a Medium, Large or X Large frame. Shorter riders may prefer the Cannondale Scalpel SE 2 27.5” mountain bike, which is available with a small frame.
The Scalpel SE comes with a boost in travel, up from 100mm to 115mm at the rear, giving it the freedom to take on tougher trails with greater vigour. Up front, travel is extended by 20mm from the regular Scalpel’s 100mm, delivering 120mm or trail-shredding travel that lets you take on rough and tough descents at full pace. The Scalpel SE also comes with a height-adjustable dropper post, making for a highly versatile and capable ride.
Up front, Cannondale have employed a Fox Float 24 Performance Elite fork with a FIT4 damper to keep the front under control, while at the rear a Fox Float Performance DPS rear shock, complete with EVOL high volume canister, soaks up the bumps with ease.
The Cannondale Scalpel 2 SE comes equipped with SRAM’s new GX Eagle 1×12 speed drivetrain, delivering a massive 500% gear ratio from the 10-50T cassette, along with a simple single-shifter. The brakes on the Scalpel SE 2 also come from SRAM, with their Level TL hydraulic discs and 180mm rotor giving the bike plenty of stopping power for some enthusiastic trail riding.
The Cannondale Scalpel SE 2 full-sus mountain bike is what you get when the ultimate XC machine unleashes its dark side.
- BallisTec Carbon frame with Zero Pivot seatstays and Carbon upper link
- Fox Float Performance DPS EVOL controls the 115mm travel
- Fox Float 34 Performance Elite fork has 120mm of trail eating performance
- SRAM GX Eagle 1×12 drivetrain offer huge gearing options
- SRAM Level TL 180/180mm disc brakes are lightweight and powerful
- Stans NoTubes ZTR Arch rims are wide and strong, for greater confidence
- Rider Position: Pure Modern XC – Low flat back & centred weight distribution
- Sizes: Medium, Large, X Large
- Colours: Jet Black/Charcoal Grey Gloss/Matte
- The Cannondale Scalpel SE 2 29er” mountain bike is available with 0% APR Finance
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £250
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
The Cannondale Scalpel SE 2 29er 2018 Features are:
Frame: Scalpel-Si, 115mm, BallisTec Carbon, Zero Pivot seatstay, Carbon Link, PF30, 1.5 Si head tube, Ai Offset
Rear Shock: Fox Float Performance DPS EVOL SV, 3 Position Adjust 115mm Travel
Fork: Fox Float 34, Performance Elite Series, 120mm, FIT-4 Damper, 3 Position Adjust, 110×15, 51mm Offset
Headset: Cannondale HeadShok Si
Bars: Cannondale C3 riser, Alloy, 4° upsweep, 9° backsweep, 760x15mm
Stem: Cannondale C1, 6061 Alloy, 1-1/8″, 60mm, 31.8, 5°
Front Mech: N/A
Rear Mech: SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed
Shifters: SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed Trigger
Chainset: Truvativ Stylo Eagle 6K, 32t
Bottom Bracket: Cannondale Alloy PressFit30
Cassette: SRAM 1275 Eagle 10-50t 12-speed
Chain: SRAM GX Eagle
Front Brake: SRAM Level TL hydro disc, 180mm, Centerline Rotors
Rear Brake: SRAM Level TL hydro disc, 180mm, Centerline Rotors
Rims: Stans Notubes ZTR ARCH S1 28hole, Tubeless Ready, 26mm inner
Front Hub: Formula 110×15 Boost
Rear Hub: Formula 142×12 with XD driver
Tyres: Maxxis Ardent 2.4″, Dual Compound, EXO Protection, Tubeless Ready, gumwall Front, Maxxis Ardent 2.25″, Dual Compound, EXO Protection, Tubeless Ready, gumwall Rear
Seatpost: RaceFace Aeffect Dropper, 31.6mm, 125/150mm travel.