Race focussed and going for gold, the Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 1 full suspension mountain bike is a serious competitor in the XC world.
Constructed from Cannondale’s BallisTec carbon fibre, the Scalpel MTB is built on an incredibly lightweight yet sturdy foundation Cannondale’s ‘Zero Pivot’ seatstays eliminate the pivot bearing that would normally split the stays. Instead, they have engineered the carbon fibre to allow a small amount of vertical flex to achieve the same result. The beauty of this is that, not only does it help lighten the frame, there’s no loss of lateral rigidity as you’d find with a bearing, and the carbon fibre itself doesn’t wear out over time and suffer play & looseness as a bearing would.
Delivering 100mm of smooth travel, Cannondale’s single-sided lefty 2.0 carbon fork is packed with technology. Despite appearances, the Lefty fork uses a square tube-in-a-tube internal design that all but eliminates suspension flex. Using friction-free needle roller bearings, the lefty is incredibly supple over fast & light bumps, allowing it to react to even the smallest bumps in the trail surface. The XLR Isolated Damper is tuned for XC, and keeps the air & oil separated inside, ensuring the damping characteristics remain consistent and predictable at all times.
Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 1 is equipped with different wheel sizes depending on your chosen frame size. The Small frame is equipped with 27.5” wheels, while the Medium, Large & X Large frames are equipped with 29er wheels.
At the rear, the RockShox Monarch XX keeps the bikes’ 100mm rear travel in check, perfectly balancing the Lefty fork. The Shimano XTR/XT 1×11 drivetrain, combined with Cannondale’s HollowGram Si hollow forged chainset, delivers crisp shifting with a wide gearing range.
Stopping the Scalpel-Si Carbon 1 is made easy, thanks to Shimano’s top-spec XTR Race disc brakes. Along with a set of 160mm Ice Tech rotors, the XTR brakes deliver consistent stopping power on long descents, and allow you to easily fine-tune the brake lever feel to your preference.
Reach for the top step, with the Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 1 full-sus mountain bike.
- BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon frame with Carbon Link and Zero Pivot seatstay is super lightweight
- RockShox Monarch XX with Full Sprint Remote delivers smooth 100mm travel
- Lefty 2.0 Carbon 100mm travel, with XLR Isolated Damper Technology and XLoc Full Sprint remote
- Shimano XTR/XT 1×11 drivetrain gives top-end shifting
- Shimano XTR Race disc brakes with Ice Tech rotors give reliable and powerful braking
- Cannondale CZero SL carbon wheels offer lightweight rolling
- Rider Position: Pure Modern XC – Low flat back & centred weight distribution
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X Large
- Colour: Acid Red/Jet Black
- The Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 1 mountain bike is available with 0% APR finance
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £250
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
The Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 1 2018 Features are:
Frame: Scalpel-Si, 100mm, BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon, Zero Pivot seatstay, Carbon Link, PF30, 1.5 Si head tube, Ai Offset
Rear Shock: RockShox Monarch XX, 100mm, Full Sprint remote
Fork: Lefty 2.0 Carbon, 100mm, XLR Isolated Damper Technology with XC+ tune and XLoc Full Sprint remote, 55mm offset (29), 50mm offset (27.5)
Headset: Cannondale HeadShok Si
Bars: Cannondale CZero flat, Carbon, 760mm
Stem: Cannondale C1, 6061 Alloy, 1.5″, 31.8, -5 deg.
Rear Mech: Shimano XTR Shadow Plus, 11-speed
Shifters Shimano XT, 11-speed
Chainset: Cannondale HollowGram Si, hollow forged, BB30, 32t Ai SpideRing
Bottom Bracket: Cannondale Alloy PressFit30
Chain: Shimano HG601, 11-speed
Front Brake: Shimano XTR Race, 160/160mm, Ice Tech Rotors
Rear Brake: Shimano XTR Race, 160/160mm, Ice Tech Rotors
Rims: Cannondale CZero SL, Superlight Hi-Impact Carbon, Tubeless Ready, 28hole, 23mm ID
Front Hub: CZero Straight Pull, Lefty 60 front, 39-point engagement rear, 142×12, 28h (Ai Offset dish – Rear)
Rear Hub: CZero Straight Pull, Lefty 60 front, 39-point engagement rear, 142×12, 28h (Ai Offset dish – Rear)
Tyres: Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO Snakeskin, 29×2.25″, folding, tubeless ready Front,
Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO Snakeskin, 29×2.25″, folding, tubeless ready Rear
Seatpost: Cannondale C2 Carbon, Micro Adjust, 31.6x350mm (S,M) 400mm (L,X)
Pedals: Not Included