The Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 27.5 is a full suspension XC race machine that’s packed full of high-tech race-winning potential.
Constructed from Cannondale’s BallisTec carbon fibre, the Scalpel MTB is built on an incredibly lightweight yet sturdy foundation. Cannondale’s ‘Zero Pivot’ seatstays eliminate the pivot bearing that would normally split the stays. Instead, they have engineered the carbon fibre to allow a small amount of vertical flex to achieve the same result. The beauty of this is that, not only does it help lighten the frame, there’s no loss of lateral rigidity as you’d find with a bearing, and the carbon fibre itself doesn’t wear out over time and suffer play & looseness as a bearing would.
Delivering 100mm of smooth travel, Cannondale’s single-sided lefty 2.0 carbon fork is packed with technology. Despite appearances, the Lefty fork uses a square tube-in-a-tube internal design that all but eliminates suspension flex. Using friction-free needle roller bearings, the lefty is incredibly supple over fast & light bumps, allowing it to react to even the smallest bumps in the trail surface. The XLR Isolated Damper is tuned for XC, and keeps the air & oil separated inside, ensuring the damping characteristics remain consistent and predictable at all times.
Depending on the size of frame you require, the Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 comes equipped with different wheel sizes. There is the Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 7.5 in the small frame size, as seen on this page. Alternatively, the Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 29er is available in sizes Medium, Large and X Large.
At the rear, the RockShox Monarch XX keeps the bikes’ 100mm rear travel in check, perfectly balancing the Lefty fork. A combination of Shimano XT and XTR components come together to give the Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 it’s 1×11 speed drivetrain, along with a set of Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes that give you flawless stopping power and speed control.
Take your place as king of the mountain, with the Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 full-sus mountain bike.
- BallisTec Carbon frame with Carbon Link and Zero Pivot seatstay is super lightweight
- RockShox Monarch XX with Full Sprint Remote delivers smooth 100mm travel
- Lefty 2.0 Carbon 100mm travel, with XLR Isolated Damper Technology and XLoc Full Sprint remote
- Shimano XT/XTR combination of 1×11 speed drivetrain components deliver impeccable gear shifting
- Shimano XT 160/160mm disc brakes give powerful braking
- Rider Position: Pure Modern XC – Low flat back & centred weight distribution
- Sizes: Medium, Large, X Large
- Colour: Jet Black/Nearly Black/Charcoal Grey Matte
- The Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 mountain bike is available with 0% APR finance
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £250
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16-point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
The Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 27.5″ 2018 Features are:
Frame: Scalpel-Si, 100mm, BallisTec Carbon, Zero Pivot seatstay, Carbon Link, PF30, 1.5 Si head tube, Ai Offset
Fork: Lefty 2.0, 2Spring, 100mm, XLR Isolated Damper Technology with XC+ tune and XLoc Full Sprint remote, 55mm offset (29), 50mm offset (27.5)
Headset: Cannondale HeadShok Si
Bars: Cannondale C1 flat, Carbon, 760mm
Stem: Cannondale C1, 7075 Alloy, 31.8, -5°
Shifters: Shimano XT, 11-speed
Rear Mech: Shimano XTR Shadow Plus, 11-speed
Chainset: Cannondale HollowGram Si, BB30 w/ Ai SpideRing, X-Sync®, 32t
Bottom Bracket: Cannondale Alloy PressFit30
Cassette: Shimano XT, 11-42, 11-speed
Chain: Shimano HG601, 11-speed
Front Brake: Shimano XT hydro disc, 160mm
Rear Brake: Shimano XT hydro disc, 160mm
Rims: Stan|s NoTubes CREST MK3, 32 hole, tubeless ready
Front Hub: C-Zero Straight Pull, Lefty 60
Rear Hub: 39-point engagement rear, 142×12 28h Ai Offset dish
Tyres: Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO Snakeskin, 29×2.25″, folding, Tubeless Ready Front – Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO Snakeskin, 29×2.25″, folding, Tubeless Ready Rear
Seatpost: Cannondale C2 Carbon, Micro Adjust, 31.6x350mm (XS,S,M) 400mm (L,X)