Newmen Evolution SL X.A.25 29″ Boost Front Wheel
Lightweight Trail bike wheel with 25 mm wide rim: the SL X.A. 25 Evolution from Newmen
The completely rounded external rim profile is extremely lightweight and hard-wearing against deformation, whilst the flared flanges make it particularly dent-resistant compared with ordinary rims and keep the tyre rounder for more cornering grip. Combined with the brand-new NEWMEN straight-pull hubs and 28 Sapim D-light spokes per wheel, the result is an ultra-light yet strong wheelset that’s perfect for trail riding.
Product features – Newmen SL X.A. 25 Evolution
- Use: All Mountain, Trail, XC
- Size: 29″
- Tubeless Ready: yes
- Diameter: 622mm
- Rim width inner: 25mm
- Required rim tape: 25-28mm
- Hub: Straightpull
- Axle standard: 15x110mm
- Drilling: 28
- Disc standard: 6 Hole
- Spokes: Sapim D-Light (2.0/1.65/2.0)
- Lacing: 3-cross
- Max. System weight: 125kg (body weight + bike + equipment)
- Hub: Aluminium 7075
- Rim: Aluminium
- 700g (manufacturer informaion)
Scope of delivery
- 1 x Newmen Evolution SL X.A. 25 29″ Frontwheel
One of the weak points on rims – whether aluminium or carbon – are the nipples holes in the rim. If you look at the contact surface of the nipple on the rim, it is easy to understand that these holes are a weak point. At this small supporting surface, all forces are pulled over spoke and nipple (maximum value approx. 300 kg). It is easy to imagine what will happen sooner or later: the rim will crack at precisely these points. Looking at the different solutions of the different rim and wheel manufacturers, however, one quickly realizes that there are many different approaches to solve this problem. This “problem area” didn’t let us rest on our laurels either, because all existing solutions couldn’t completely convince us.
The rim profile
We had to dig deep into the box of tricks to get our rims so light and yet so stable…… but we are sure that it was worth it!
In sum, that means….
- optimised rim profile without edges and corners
- flared rim flanges with optimized flange height and wall thickness
- Rim flange with above-average wall thickness
- Inner profile matched to our MG washer
- high-strength aluminium alloy with special heat treatment
The optimised rim profile with no edges or corners enables us to achieve a lower wall thickness in the lateral area and, in combination with the exposed rim flanges, the shortest possible distance from the left to the right rim flange.