Nukeproof Dissent 290 Comp DH Bike (GX)
An elite-level bike for the world’s fastest and most-focused downhill riders, this take on Nukeproof’s Dissent takes you from the highest peaks to the lowest drops with power and pace. With racing in its DNA, this 290 Comp bike has podium-proven pedigree thanks to Sam Hill’s efforts on the prototype model leading it to victory in the Crankworx Festival’s Garbanzo Downhill race.
New and Improved Nukeproof Frame
Based around a strong and supportive frameset capable of dealing with the most challenging descents, this 290 model features a simplified design which keeps an impressively low weight and a stiffened front triangle for superior handling and responsiveness. A more progressive leverage rate for increased mid-stroke-support enhances the bike’s pump efficiency, sets it higher in the travel and improves control in the corners as you hunt for silverware.
Low-Weighted, High-Performance, Alloy Suspension Bike
In a move away from the Fallout Linkage of its stablemate, the Pulse, the Dissent’s rocker link is situated on the outside of the seat tube to minimise the frame weight while maximising the front triangle stiffness. The suspension platform also uses a push, rather than a pull link, reducing the loads and stresses on the frame, saving further weight and improving durability. The Main pivot flip chips are fast and simple to change and offer a tailored factory set up for every rider.
Top Level Componentry
Equipped with a custom hydroformed 6061 aluminium tubeset, a 63-degree head angle and 200mm of travel via the new Dissent platform, this pacy and powerful Nukeproof takes every trail in its stride. With a RockShox Boxxer Ultimate fork and a Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate DH RC shock absorbing every bump and bang on your way down the mountain and a SRAM XO1 7-Speed drivetrain propelling you to the podium, it’s easy to see why this lauded bike is held in such high regard.
A superior stopping performance is assured from the SRAM Guide RE disc brakes, reeling in the Sun-Ringle Duroc SD37 Comp 29″ wheels and their Maxxis Assegai tyres to give you unparalleled control over this fast-paced, full suspension steed.
- Frame: Nukeproof Dissent 290 Alloy, 190mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set, custom-tuned rear shock configuration, internal cable routing, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 157mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Boxxer Select R 200mm, 56mm Offset, BOOST 20x110mm, Debonair, Gloss Black
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Select R, Custom ML Tune, 250x70mm, Bearing End, Black Coil Spring (M=400LBS/L=450LBS /XL=500LBS SPRING)
- Front Wheel: Sun-Ringle Duroc SD37 Comp 29″, 20x110mm
- Rear Wheel: Sun-Ringle Duroc SD37 Comp 29″, Shimano Driver, 157x12mm
- Tyres: Maxxis Assegai 29”x2.5″, DH Casing, 3C MaxxGrip/DH/TR
- Crankset: SRAM Descendant DH, 165mm, 34T, DUB83mm
- Drivetrain: SRAM GX DH 7-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM GX DH 7-Speed, PG720 11-25T
- Chain: SRAM PC-1110 11-Speed
- Brakes: SRAM Guide RE
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Neutron 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon Direct Mount, 45mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Vector DH, Yellow
- Seatpost: Nukeproof Neutron, 30.9mm, 300mm, 10 Offset.
- Headset: Nukeproof, 49IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
Spare Parts and Torque Value Overview
A list of spare parts and recommended torque values can be downloaded from this link (.pdf)
- Colour: Black-Yellow
- Frame Size: XL, M, L
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 7 Speed
- Material: Aluminium
- Fork Travel: 200mm
- Rear Travel: 190mm