Nukeproof Dissent 290 RS DH Bike (XO1)
Built, tried and tested alongside the best racers in the world, this 2020 take of Nukeproof’s Dissent has fast-paced and fearless racing in its DNA. Constructed to test several progression curve theories at once, the Dissent platform has quickly shown itself to be a top-level full suspension MTB, earning its podium-making pedigree with Sam Hill at Crankworx Festival’s Garbanzo Downhill race.
New and Improved Nukeproof Frame
Providing you with a sturdy and supportive body for taking on the most demanding descents, this 290 model puts its simplified design to great use in maintaining an impressively low weight and a stiffer front triangle for a reliable handling experience. A more progressive leverage rate for increased mid-stroke-support gives the bike better pump efficiency, sets it higher in the travel and enhances cornering control as it aims to be the best downhill MTB on the market.
Low-Weighted, High-Performance, Alloy Suspension Bike
In a move away from the Fallout Linkage of its stablemate, the Pulse, the Dissent’s rocker link is situated on the outside of the seat tube to minimise the frame weight while maximising the front triangle stiffness. The suspension platform also uses a push, rather than a pull link, reducing the loads and stresses on the frame, saving further weight and improving durability. The Main pivot flip chips are fast and simple to change and offer a tailored factory set up for every rider.
Top Level Componentry
Featuring a custom hydroformed 6061 aluminium tubeset, a 63-degree head angle and 200mm of travel via the new Dissent platform, this strong and speedy Nukeproof MTB is more than a match for the most challenging runs. With a RockShox Boxxer Ultimate fork and a Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate DH RC shock soaking up every impact and a SRAM XO1 7-Speed drivetrain on hand to push you all the way to the finish line, no trail is left unturned on this phenomenal MTB.
A responsive and reliable set of SRAM Code R disc brakes keep the speed of the Mavic Deemax DH 29″ wheels and their Maxxis Assegai tyres in check, giving you unrivalled control over this fantastic full suspension superstar by Nukeproof.
- Frame: Nukeproof Dissent 290 Alloy, 190mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set, custom-tuned rear shock configuration, internal cable routing, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 157mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Boxxer Ultimate, Charger 2, 200mm, 56mm Offset, BOOST 20x110mm, Debonair, Boxxer Red
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate DH RC, Custom ML Tune, 250x70mm, Bearing End, Red Coil Spring (M=400LBS/L=450LBS /XL=500LBS SPRING)
- Front Wheel: Mavic Deemax DH 29″, 20x110mm
- Rear Wheel: Mavic Deemax DH 29″, XD Driver, 157x12mm
- Tyres: Maxxis Assegai 29”x2.5″, DH Casing, 3C MaxxGrip/DH/TR
- Crankset: SRAM XO1 DH Carbon X-Sync, 165mm, 34T, DUB83mm, Black
- Drivetrain: SRAM XO1 DH 7-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM XO1 DH 7-Speed, XG795 10-24T
- Chain: SRAM PC-1110 11-Speed
- Brakes: SRAM Code R, Sintered pads
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon 24mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon Direct Mount, 45mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Vector DH, Grey
- Seatpost: Nukeproof Neutron, 30.9mm, 300mm, 10mm Offset
- Headset: Nukeproof, 49IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Colour: Concrete Grey
- Frame Size: M, L, XL
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 7 Speed
- Material: Aluminium
- Fork Travel: 200mm
- Rear Travel: 190mm