Vitus Bikes Nucleus 275 VR Hardtail Bike
Following on from the success of last year’s bike which won the accolade of “Hard Tail Of The Year” from MBR, the Nucleus 275 VR continues to get better and better. Building upon the successful foundation of the same great frame and components package; such style and performance at this price-point is rare, but that’s what you get with Vitus’ Nucleus 275 VR Hardtail Bike.
Lightweight 6061-T6 Alloy Frame
This lightweight 6061-T6 alloy frame delivers a bombproof chassis for trail centre assaults. Thinking ahead, Vitus has manfuactured this hardtail with great upgrade potential, so you can fit a chain guide thanks to the ISCG tabs whenever the time is right to upgrade your rig.
Aggressive Trail Geometry and Quality Components
The aggressive trail geometry has been designed around 27.5″ (650b) wheels and a fork with 120mm travel, a short headtube and low bottom bracket provide a low centre of gravity and deliver improved handling whilst the larger wheel size lets you cruise over loose rocks and roots with ease. Vitus’ Nucleus 275 VRS Hardtail Bike features a Suntour XCR suspension fork, Shimano Altus shifters/derailleurs and Tektro hydraulic disc brake for consistent trail performance.
- Frame: 6061-T6 alloy
- Forks: Suntour XCR LO-R 27.5″, Air Spring with Pre-Load Adjustment, Hydraulic Speed Lock-Out with Rebound Damping Adjustment, 1.1/8″ Steel Steerer, 120mm Travel, 9mm QR
- Chainset: Suntour XCM, 175mm, 36tx22t
- Bottom Bracket: Square taper
- Shifters: Shimano Altus SL-M370 Rapid Fire Plus, 9-Speed
- Front Derailleur: Microshift MD-462B, 34.9mm Band
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus RD-M370
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG300, 11t-32t, 9-Speed
- Chain: KMC Z99, 9-Speed
- Rims: WTB ST i19 TCS (tubeless ready), 27.5″
- Front Hub: KT KT-MD7F, 110mm x QR, disc brake 6-bolt
- Rear Hub: KT KT-MD4R, 135mm x QR, disc brake 6-bolt
- Spokes: Stainless
- Tyres: Front – WTB Vigilante Comp, High grip compound, 27.5″ x 2.3″, Rear – WTB Trail Boss, 27.5″ x 2.25″
- Front Brake: Tektro HD-M290 Hydraulic Disc Brake – 160mm Rotor
- Rear Brake: Tektro HD-M290 Hydraulic Disc Brake – 160mm Rotor
- Handlebars: Vitus Riser Bar, 6061 Double Butted Alloy, 15mm Rise, 740mm Wide
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5B Zero Stack (NO.57B) 1.1/8″
- Stem: Vitus, 3D Forged 6061-T6 Aluminium, +/- 6 Degree Rise, 60mm Extension
- Saddle: Vitus
- Seatpost: Vitus Alloy, 15mm Offset, 31.6mm x 400mm
- Seatclamp: Vitus QR
Weight: 13.57kg/29.92lbs (size M)
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.