Vitus Bikes Sommet Suspension Bike – SLX 1×11
Jump into the world of Enduro riding with this Vitus Sommet Suspension Bike. Featuring 155mm travel and a 1×11 drivetrain, the Sommet is your ideal introduction to the thrills and spills of big mountain riding, all-day epics and gravity racing.
Quality Alloy Frame and Components
The Sommet Suspension Bike offers a lot of performance in once package. Coming with a Manitou Mattoc Pro fork, Shimano SLX shifting with RaceFace Affect crankset, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, a Brand-X Ascend stealth dropper seatpost, WTB/Novatec wheelset and a Nukeproof/Vitus cockpit, you’ll have no problem tackling every type of terrain on your horizon.
Control Rear Wheel Travel with RockShox Monarch Plus
Rear wheel travel is controlled via the RockShox Monarch Plus R custom tuned shock, which features external rebound and three-position compression damping adjustment.
- Frame: Hydroformed 6061-T6 Alloy Frame with Four-bar V-Link Rear Suspension, 155mm Travel
- Forks: Manitou Mattoc Pro, 160mm Travel, Dorado Air spring, Ø34mm Aluminium stanchions, Compression to Lockout and Rebound damping, TPC Technology ABS+ Trail Tuned, Adjustable HBO and Rubber Bumper, Tapered aluminium steerer, 15mm Hexlock Stealth Through Axle
- Shock: RockShox Monarch Plus R DebonAir, External Rebound Damping, 200mm x 57mm, Custom tune ML
- Chainset: RaceFace Affect, 170mm, 32t
- Bottom Bracket: RaceFace Affect (BSA)
- Shifters: Shimano SLX SL-M7000, 11-Speed
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX RD-M7000
- Cassette: Shimano SLX CS-M7000, 11t-42t, 11-Speed
- Chain: KMC X11, 11-Speed
- Rims: WTB STP i25 TCS (tubeless ready), 27.5″
- Front Hub: Novatec D771SB-15 – 6 Bolt, 100mm x 15mm
- Rear Hub: Novatec D462SB-X12 – 6 Bolt, 142mm x 12mm
- Spokes: Stainless double butted
- Tyres: Front – WTB Vigilante Comp, High Grip compound, 27.5″ x 2.3″ Rear – WTB Trail Boss Comp, 27.5″ x 2.25″
- Front Brake: Shimano BR-M615 Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- Rear Brake: Shimano BR-M615 Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Warhead, 7075 Double Butted Alloy, 20mm Rise, 760mm Wide
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5 Zero Stack (NO.57), 1.1/8″ – 1.5″
- Stem: Vitus, 3D Forged 6061-T6 Aluminium, +/- 3 Degree Rise, 50mm Extension
- Saddle: Vitus
- Seatpost: Brand-X Ascend Stealth Dropper, 31.6mm x 125mm drop (100mm Drop on size S)
- Seatclamp: Vitus QR
Weight: 14kg/30.86lbs (size M)
- Main pivot location – This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
- Chainstay pivot location – This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compressing (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximises active suspension when using the rear brake similar to a floating brake design without the added weight.
- Rearward Axle path – Because of the main pivot location the Sommet has 66mm of travel with reward axle path helping to keep your momentum.
- Leverage rate design – The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive; this helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linier rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.