Vitus Nucleus 27 VR Bike (Altus 2×9)
Sitting at the foundations of the Vitus range, the Nucleus has never been an ordinary entry-level mountain bike. It features a quality construction, solid spec list and an increased stand over height with aggressive geometry that’s designed to get your blood pumping as you hit the trails. Vitus’ number one, best-selling hardtail, the Nucleus has won MBR’s under £500 hardtail of the year for the last four years running.
SR Suntour Suspension, 2×9 Shimano Gearing and Hydraulic Disc Brakes
With its low, long and slack geometry, the new Nucleus 27 VR’s ride versatility is increased via 120mm of Suntour fork travel, Tektro hydraulic disc brakes and large volume WTB tyres on wide rims for outstanding rolling performance and grip. Plus, it’s equipped with a reliable and precise shifting 2×9 drivetrain from Shimano, a Vitus finishing kit and dropper post routing for easy installation of a dropper post upgrade in the future. This is a hardtail that’s built to take your riding to the next level and does so without breaking the bank.
- Frame: Nucleus 27.5″ Hardtail 6061-t6 Alloy Construction
- Fork: SR Suntour XCR32 Boost Air 120mm 27.5″
- Headset: FSA No.57b
- Bottom Bracket: Square Taper Cartridge, 73mm / 113.5mm
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Neutron 25mm Rise, Width – S760mm, M760mm, L780mm, Xl800mm, 31.8mm diameter
- Stem: Vitus 50mm
- Grip(Tape): Vitus Tapered, Single Composite Clamp, Sticky Rubber
- Front Rim: WTB ST i30 TCS 2.0, 27.5″, 30mm inner rim width, 32 Hole, Pinned Joint
- Rear Rim: WTB ST i30 TCS 2.0, 27.5″, 30mm inner rim width, 32 Hole, Pinned Joint
- Front Hub: Vitus MS6F Boost 15mm x 110mm, 32h, 6-bolt
- Rear Hub: Vitus K68R Standard Spacing 135mm x 10mm, 32h, 6-bolt
- Front Tyre: WTB Vigilante 2.3″ x 27.5″ Comp with high Grip Compound
- Rear Tyre: WTB Trailboss 2.25″ x 27.5″ Comp
- Spokes: 14G Stainless DB with Brass nipples
- Chain: KMC Z9 Ept Anti Rust
- Crankset: SR Suntour XCM 36/22T
- Front Brake: Tektro HD-M29 Wave Style Rotor; Rotor: 180mm
- Rear Brake: Tektro HD-M29 Wave Style Rotor; Rotor: 160mm
- Front Derailleur: Microshift MD-462b Down-swing, Dual-pull for 9-Speed drivetrain, Band Type(34.9mm)
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus RD-M2000, SGS 9-Speed, Shadow Design
- Left Shifter: Shimano Altus SL-M2000, 3-Speed Rapidfire Plus
- Right Shifter: Shimano Altus SL-M2000, 9-Speed Rapidfire Plus
- Freewheel: Shimano Altus CS-HG200-9, 9-Speed, 11-36T
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron
- Seat Post: Vitus 31.6mm X 400mm, Zero Offset
- Seat Clamp: Vitus 34.9mm Seat Clamp with Quick Release lever
- Weight: 14.32kg (approx)
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
- Colour: Burgundy
- Frame Size: L
- Wheel Size: 27.5″ (650b)
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 18 Speed
- Material: Aluminium
- Fork Travel: 120mm