Vitus Nucleus 27 VRW Womens Bike (Altus 2×9)
The Nucleus VRW is the women’s specific version of Vitus’ award-winning hardtail mountain bike. It features a 2×9-Speed gear transmission and hydraulic disc brakes get you up the steepest hills effortlessly and to the bottom of the fastest trails confidently. It’s engineered for reliable and easy to control performance and is equipped with a superb component build, this means you can blast from trail to trail with complete comfort and satisfaction anywhere on the mountain. Vitus’ number one, best-selling hardtail, the Nucleus has won MBR’s under £500 hardtail of the year for the last four years running and it’s easy to see why.
Tektro Hydraulic Disc Brakes and SR Suntour Suspension
This female-optimised version of Vitus’ multi-award-winning hardtail, Nucleus 27 VRW features unique geometry and a lowered top tube, as well as 120mm of suspension travel from Suntour Air-sprung forks, hydraulic disc brakes from Tektro and large volume WTB tyres and wide rims for awesome rolling speed and grip.
Shimano 2×9 Drivetrain and Vitus Finishing Kit
Vitus has bolstered this ride with a reliable and fast shifting Shimano 2×9 drivetrain and a superb Vitus finishing kit for the ultimate in durability and style. Also, it has been designed with internal dropper post cable routing to make installing a dropper post easy, should you decide upon this worthwhile upgrade in the future. The Nucleus provides the central and most important elements of mountain biking in a great performing and easy to afford package.
- Frame: Nucleus 27.5″ Hardtail 6061-t6 Alloy Construction
- Fork: SR Suntour XCR32 Boost Air 120mm 27.5″
- Headset: FSA No.57b
- Bottom Bracket: Square Taper Cartridge, 73mm / 113.5mm
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Neutron 25mm Rise, Width – XS740mm, S740mm, M760mm, 31.8mm bar diameter
- Stem: Vitus 50mm
- Grip(Tape): Vitus Tapered, Single Composite Clamp, Sticky Rubber
- Front Rim: WTB ST i30 TCS 2.0, 27.5″, 30mm inner rim width, 32 Hole, Pinned Joint
- Rear Rim: WTB ST i30 TCS 2.0, 27.5″, 30mm inner rim width, 32 Hole, Pinned Joint
- Front Hub: Vitus MS6F Boost 15mm x 110mm, 32h, 6-bolt
- Rear Hub: Vitus K68R Standard Spacing 135mm x 10mm, 32h, 6-bolt
- Front Tyre: WTB Vigilante 2.3″ x 27.5″ Comp with high Grip Compound
- Rear Tyre: WTB Trailboss 2.25″ x 27.5″ Comp
- Spokes: 14G Stainless DB with Brass nipples
- Chain: KMC Z9 EPT Anti Rust
- Crankset: SR Suntour XCM, 36/22T
- Front Brake: Tektro HD-M29 Wave Style Rotor; Rotor: 180mm
- Rear Brake: Tektro HD-M29 Wave Style Rotor; Rotor: 160mm
- Front Derailleur: microShift MD-462B, Downswing, Dual-pull, Band-On 34.9mm
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus RD-M2000, SGS 9-Speed Shadow
- Left Shifter: Shimano Altus SL-M2000, 3-Speed Rapidfire Plus
- Right Shifter: Shimano Altus SL-M2000, 9-Speed Rapidfire Plus
- Freewheel: Shimano Altus CS-HG200-9, 9-Speed, 11-36T
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron
- Seat Post: Vitus 31.6mm X 400mm, Zero Offset
- Seat Clamp: Vitus 34.9mm Seat Clamp with Quick Release lever
- Weight: 14.16kg
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.