Vitus Nucleus 29 VR Bike (Altus 2×9)
Sitting at the foundations of the Vitus range, this big-wheeled Nucleus has never been an entry-level mountain bike. It features 29″ wheels, a quality construction, solid spec list and an increased stand over height with aggressive geometry that’s designed to get your blood pumping. Vitus’ number one, best-selling hardtail, the Nucleus has won MBR’s under £500 hardtail of the year for the last four years running.
SR Suntour Suspension and Tektro Hydraulic Disc Brakes
This high-quality value for money effort from Vitus features modern low, long and slack geometry for superb handling and comfort. The new Nucleus 29 VR’s control and trail stability is enhanced by 120mm of Suntour fork travel, Tektro hydraulic disc brakes and large volume WTB tyres on wide rims for outstanding rolling performance and grip.
Shimano 2×9 Drivetrain and Stylish Vitus Finishing Kit
Vitus has armed it with a smoothly precise shifting 2×9 drivetrain from Shimano and an ultra-durable and stylish finishing kit from Vitus. Also, this bike features internal dropper post cable routing should you decide on a dropper seatpost upgrade in the future. This hardtail is engineered to soar your riding ability to the next level and does so without breaking the bank.
- Frame: Nucleus 29″ Hardtail 6061-t6 Alloy Construction
- Fork: SR Suntour XCR32 Boost Air 100mm 29″
- Headset: FSA No.57b
- Bottom Bracket: Square Taper Cartridge, 73mm / 113.5mm
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Neutron 25mm Rise, Width – S760mm, M760mm, L780mm, XL800mm, 31.8mm bar diameter
- Stem: Vitus 50mm
- Grip(Tape): Vitus Tapered, Single Composite Clamp, Sticky Rubber
- Front Rim: WTB ST i30 TCS 2.0, 29″, 30mm inner diameter, 32 Hole, Pinned Joint
- Rear Rim: WTB ST i30 TCS 2.0, 29″, 30mm inner diameter, 32 Hole, Pinned Joint
- Front Hub: Vitus MS6F Boost 15mm x 110mm, 32h, 6-bolt
- Rear Hub: Vitus K68R Standard Spacing 135mm x 10mm, 32h, 6-bolt
- Front Tyre: WTB Vigilante 2.3″ x 29″ Comp with high Grip Compound
- Rear Tyre: WTB Trailboss 2.25″ x 29″ Comp
- Spokes: 14G Stainless DB with Brass nipples
- Chain: KMC Z9 EPT Anti Rust
- Crankset: SR Suntour XCM, 36/22T
- Front Brake: Tektro HD-M29 Wave Style Rotor; Rotor: 180mm
- Rear Brake: Tektro HD-M29 Wave Style Rotor; Rotor: 160mm
- Front Derailleur: microShift MD-462B, Downswing, Dual-pull, Band-On 34.9mm
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus RD-M2000, SGS 9-Speed Shadow
- Left Shifter: Shimano Altus SL-M2000, 3-Speed Rapidfire Plus
- Right Shifter: Shimano Altus SL-M2000, 9-Speed Rapidfire Plus
- Freewheel: Shimano Altus CS-HG200-9, 9-Speed, 11-36T
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron
- Seat Post: Vitus 31.6mm X 400mm, Zero Offset
- Seat Clamp: Vitus 34.9mm Seat Clamp with Quick Release lever
- Weight: 14.56kg
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.